***THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED***
Computer Support Specialist
Date of Posting
September 25, 2012
Lake Oswego - Equity Capital Markets, ORApply Now
Respond to real-time events in the support and maintenance of information technology assets in a courteous manner to ensure the timely resolution of hardware and software application problems.
(Including specific Education and License requirements)
- Working knowledge of the Service Desk system, phone system, supporting business applications, workflows and processes.
- Proficient knowledge of basic computer hardware.
- Bachelor’s degree in field of specialty or equivalent IT Support experience.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of software packages and their applications to include Microsoft Office and Microsoft operating systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to communicate technical directions, both in person and over the phone.
- Excellent customer service skills. Ability to work successfully with a variety of personalities and various management levels.
- Familiar with department policies, processes and procedures.
- Consistently treat others with respect and maintain professional attitude and behavior.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts.
- Ability to safely lift and carry as much as 35 pounds.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Learn the expectations for the Service Desk position which includes:
- Know how to use the Service Desk system and phone system.
- Support business applications, workflows and processes.
- Acknowledge incident incidents and set the severity level.
- Incident resolution or escalation processes.
- Meet or exceed service level agreements.
- Attain performance goals set by management for resolving incidents being logged into the support queue. Provide escalation support and satisfactory customer service.
- Troubleshoot and assist Davidson employees with using their computer and computer peripherals, applications and security credentials.
- Evaluate work load and capacity of computers and computer system to determine feasibility of expanding or enhancing capabilities or performance. Recommend improvements to IT management.
- Assist in the support of business applications to include but not limited to: patching, testing, software licensing tracking, installing, upgrading, receiving application training, attending internal and external meetings, providing end user training, monitoring application performance, working with vendor support and sales, budgeting and creating documentation to end users and IT staff.
- Assist in the support of computer life-cycle and office technology to include but not limited to: patching, imaging, deploying, transferring user profiles, evaluating, securing, receiving training on computer O/S and hardware, maintain inventory, manage printer support agreements, work with vendor support and sales, provide documentation to end users and IT staff and help resolve incidents with computer related to the O/S, core applications or hardware that has been escalated from the Service Desk.
- Work with management to improve personal technical proficiency, support and customer service skills. Identify and complete technical training and certifications. Develop other work or career goals where progress can be tracked and discussed.
- Learn and adhere to all Davidson policies and procedures. Attend scheduled meetings or training sessions around existing or new policies and/or procedures. Recommend changed to IT procedures to improve productivity and/or reduce costs.
- Attend internal and external meetings as requested to provide expertise, gather data, collaborate with other IT and business personnel and advise management.
- Assist with the completion of project tasks as directed. Participate in project management meetings around areas of expertise. Ensure work on tasks and special projects are completed within budget limits.
- Attend required training for Service Desk support and other training related to the support of IT assets.
- Understand an adhere to the IT Change Management process.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned.